WHY GERMAN SHEPHARD IS CALLED A GOOD FAMILY DOG?
Why German Shephard is called a good family dog?: Yeah, GSD is so popular Dog breed, But what makes them this much popular? What is the reason that they are owned by almost every tenth person in the world? What is the reason that they are tagged as a good dog for the family? let us have a look at them.
These dogs are confident, courageous & intelligent. They are the natural protector & highly adaptable. They have a tall body, with strong physique & physical statement as shown below –
HEIGHT: 23-25 Inches(male) , 21-23 Inches(female)
WEIGHT: 60-90 Pound(male), 50-70 Pound(female)
LIFE EXPECTANCY: 7-10 Years
GROUP: Herding Group
They are often used as a working dog. They are alert & fearless dogs, along with a talent of being serious & clever at the same time. They are often used as police dogs and military dogs.
They are normally strong and one of the very intelligent dog breeds on the planet earth. They are always hungry and curious to learn something new.
German shepherd dogs are ideal dogs for rescue work and personal protection. We many time see them working together with Special Forces, police teams, anti-bomb squads teams.
they are so courageous and unmatched to any other dogs in this world. They are a muscular dog with a noble character. They will never ditch you.
They are hairy dogs normally colour of their hair is tan and black or red and black. They can live in any climate but love to live in cool weather. Just like humans they also like to stay inside the houses.
You don’t want to get bitten from German shepherd because their Bite have a force around 230 pounds and that is huge.
The breed got its name due to its original purpose of assisting shepherds in protecting and herding sheep. Later on, they turn to be a fragile, classy dog. Now, let’s see, why German shepherd dogs are considered to be the best family dogs.
WHY GERMAN SHEPHARD ARE BEST FOR THE FAMILY
1) They only bark when they feel, it is necessary to bark. Isn’t it amazing that they are so, unlike other dogs who always bark, without any reason?
2) They are called as family and house dogs because of their calm and caring temperament.
3) They have a very high learning ability. You can teach them once, and they will remember it forever. They have the best catching power.
4) They are extremely loyal to their owners & these GSD’s need his/her people around. You don’t need to feel that they will ditch you ever. They will always stand by your side, no matter what.
5) They have a very fine nose which sniffs out intruders & other stuff, so they alert the handlers earliest, to avoid the detonation or gas leaks. They will protect you and your family always.
6) Best guide & assistant for the handicapped people. If you have someone in your family, which is physically disabled, then these dogs are the best helping hands for you and them.
7) A faithful companion. Always high on energy level. You can play with them, or keep your children busy with them, while you are at work. And they will never down you.
8) These guys never take the time to rest. They are always busy hanging out or working this or that. They act like they are always on the duty assigned to them.
9) They respect their owners & protects them. The attitude of German shepherd dogs is very caring and protective towards their owners.
They can do whatever to protect their owners from any harm coming toward their owners
10) German shepherd loves to play. They are very energetic dog breed. They can’t get tired easily, so you can enjoy your quality time in their presence.
11) They are always hungry to learn something new. They easily learn what you teach them to do. That is the reason German shepherd is used by police and defence department authorities.
12) They are highly trained and are used for the detection of criminals, search mission, rescue mission, explosive detection missions.
13) They are generally healthy if keep with a good diet. The German shepherd is a great breed but they have some serious health issues such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, skin allergies, hot spots, fungal infection etc
Due to these health issues, they need regular checkups and care too. They are not like the dogs, who are always healthier and playful & who don’t need any doctors help?
14) They love children so much. If proper training and socialization are given to them they are the best companion for your children.
Proper care, love, affection and training makes you free from worries about attacking your children while playing with them. Your children feel safe with them.
15) They don’t get friendly with strangers so easily but they recognize faces of people, due to that chance of attacks on strange people minimize but that doesn’t mean they allow strangers to easily enter your house or come nearby you.
They are always ready to keep you and your family safe and away from harmful situations.
16) As mentioned above, they are easily adaptable to any lifestyle. No matter, what lifestyle you carry, they will always be with you & follow your lifestyle.
17) They need a little bit exercise so chances of health problems such as hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia can be reduced.
but don’t worry they don’t need any special time for exercise. You can make them exercise with you within your suitable timing. They love to play, walk and run with you.
Isn’t it amazing, how they can easily adjust to your family? That’s why they are called the best dog for the family.
Let’s have a look at some of the amazing facts about these popular shepherds which are not known by everyone.
SOME AMAZING FACTS ABOUT GERMAN SHEPHARD
- SCHUTZHUND – A sport developed specifically for German Shephard Dogs, in the 1990s.
- Max Von Stephanitz – He is known as ‘The Father Of German Shephard Dog’
- Hektor Linksrhein – The first registered official German Shephard Dog.
- GSD’a is the most registered Dogs in the United Nations. They are highly popular & show fantastic performance ever.
- They are known as WAR DOGS, in the US.
- The ‘Shephard Dog’ name was actually ‘Sheep Dog’ in past. Later, in 1917, it got a chance to shepherd dogs.
- There is a club in America, especially devoted to German Shephard Dogs. There, these dogs can even meet their seniors too.
- Out of 100 dog breeds, GSD ranks 3rd in intelligence.
- GSD’s can learn any task, in just after five repetitions.
- They are the only dogs which are followed by millions of followers, on every social media account.
- Strongheart GSD & Rin Tin Tin GSD are the most popular GSDs and have stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
So, this is all about the German shepherd dogs & if you feel like you have a buy one, then don’t give a second thought & go and bring one to your home. They are fantastic dogs. They will become your family member, so easily.